Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Run / Walk

I fell asleep at 8:00 last night. I woke up some time during the wee hours, anticipating my Saturday run. I looked over at my flashing alarm clock (the power went out for a brief second last night and I forgot to reset it.) Feeling rested, I thought I'd get up and suit up for my run. I walked into the kitchen and discovered it was 2:08 a.m. Hmmm, better go back to bed. I wrestled with sleep for the next 4 hours, then got up again. I got dressed in my running attire, ate a pear, then went out to the driveway.

My partner was AWOL, so I began alone. I also decided to leave my walkman behind, so it was a quiet run. At about mile 2, it began to rain (hmmm, partner must've checked the forecast.) I was at a place where there was no shortcut back home, and it wouldn't really do me any good to turn back, so I kept on. Just me and my footsteps, and the rain on my face. Good thing I wore long sleeves this time.

At about mile 4 I started feeling tired, and without any real desire to go on, I stopped and walked the last mile home. It wasn't the six miles I set out for, but it was something. To be almost 8 weeks pregnant and still running makes me happy. Now Jacob's soccer game is cancelled and Forrest is at work, so I get to enjoy a restful Saturday with just my kiddos. But first, it's a hot bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment