Sunday, October 17, 2010

Holiday Crafts

Every two years our ward has a big craft day. This year I volunteered to teach a class, bring soup for the potluck dinner, two dozen cookies for the cookie exchange, and make five crafts. Phew was I tired afterward! I committed to relaxing the rest of the weekend, and I did just that. Anyhow, I came home with some cute stuff:

We finally have a place to hang our Christmas stockings. Can you believe we're going to fill all six of those hooks next year??
This is what I am most excited about. It's a menu chalkboard, hanging in my kitchen already. It's the perfect compliment to my meal planning.
This picture does no justice, but this is a glass tile block with velum on the front and a vinyl sticker of the three wise men. I was disappointed to find out it didn't come with the phrase "Wise Men Still Seek Him," like I thought it would. The block has a hole in the bottom where you can put a string of white Christmas lights so it will be illuminated.

The two crafts I have yet to finish are a holiday change-out pillow and a set of homemade Christmas ornaments. I'll post pictures when I finish.

1 comment:

  1. Your holiday crafts look great! I love the stocking hanger, and the menu will come it handy for keeping organized, and look good at the same time. How fun!

    ReplyDelete