Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today's Extras

My above-and-beyond tasks for today: mopping entire downstairs (including under the couches, which seem to collect everything now that we have hardwood floors- including a dead lizard that the cat dragged in!) and scrubbing the kitchen floor on hands and knees. It feels much nicer underfoot, and the house has a clean, fresh smell. I will try not to think about how soon this will need to be done again, for that would take away from the pleasure of having it done now. Viewing my chores as circular rather than linear helps to keep me going (but I'll be honest- sometimes it drives me crazy.) However, I truly feel that we will only be as happy in our homes as we treat them, and the effort that we put out pays for itself in dividends. All of my happy childhood memories center around a clean, aesthetically pleasing home, and I want to give the same to my children. Even if it's one room a day, it will make a difference! Just don't give up. Don't ever give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment