Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fast Food

Or rather, good food... fast.
After a long morning at the dentist and coming home to a full day's worth of school work, I needed a good lunch and I needed it fast. I had only had my Mother's Tea for breakfast and was in need of some nourishment. So, while the kids munched on their hot dogs and apple slices, I cooked up a concoction of vegetables. I simply heated some oil in a pan on the stove, and sliced up the following: a handful of small white potatoes, half of a red bell pepper, some bok choy, and a carrot. I seasoned the mixture with blackened seasoning (tastes like cajun,) salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice when it was done cooking. This was a satisfying meal. It was hearty enough with the potatoes, but light enough with all the other fresh veggies. It gave me just enough energy to get through the afternoon, took only a few minutes to prepare, and was a nice deviation from the usual green salad. Who says fast food can't be good food?

No comments:

Post a Comment