Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Eve


Kaitlyn,

Three years ago on this night, you were preparing to come into the world. In approximately one hour I would experience my first real labor contraction with you, and just after sunrise, in the small upstairs bedroom of our townhome, you would make your entrance. Your birth was extra special in that you were born "in the bubble," as we called it, or bag of waters. This makes you a lucky girl. You were soft and sweet from the start, and I knew there was something special about your hands as I watched them floating on the water. I still think you'll be a midwife or piano player with your gentle touch. It amazes me to look at you now, and just how much you've blossomed as a little girl. You love to dance, and your infatuation with fancy dresses makes it difficult for us to keep you in a "real" outfit. I love watching you flit around the house in your princess costumes and Sissy's old recital costumes. You are such a joy in our lives. We look forward to celebrating your special day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!! Lisa - Give your sweet little lady an extra hug and kiss from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn! So sweet and beautiful and a perfect little blessing:-)) I hope your day is extra special!

    ReplyDelete