Friday, February 18, 2011

Katy Perry

I hope this doesn't offend any of your tastes of music, but Katy Perry's music is and always has been offensive to me. I mean, really, does she have to be on the air? The first time I heard her song "California Girls" I was like, "Really? Is this the way she wants to project us? Because sorry to disappoint, but I don't wear Daisy Dukes... or bikinis."

Since hearing that first song of hers, every one to follow has been an equal disappointment (mostly in terms of content.)

One of Ashlee's dance teachers has her warm up to the song "Teenage Dream." I'm sorry, but there's something disturbing about your 11-year-old daughter coming home singing, "Let's go all... the way tonight... no regrets..."

STOP! You don't know what you're singing about there, sweetheart.

Anyhow, my friend Brittany posted this on her blog last summer. I was talking to some of my friends about it the other night, and they hadn't seen it yet, so I thought I'd share. It is genuinely hilarious and had Forrest and I dying from laughter. I promise it will be the funniest two-and-a-half minutes of your day. To mimic Brittany, sorry if I just ruined this song for you (but not that sorry.)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I remember her posting this video! It is sooo funny. I totally agree with you on Katy Perry! I told Adam I'd rather listen to Lady Gaga than Perry! But hey, the music industry is corrupt anyway so it doesn't take much to get a producer to dish out the dough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy Perry is not as offensive as Lady Gaga who promotes cross-dressing, gay and lesbian in her videos. It is truly repulsive. I use to love my Daisy Dukes and bikinis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, true Lady Gaga is AWFUL, but just to clarify, I meant from the standpoint of listening to the music (excluding the words) but I don't listen to either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the biggest problem I have with Katy Perry is that her's is teeny-bopper music, catered to the younger girls. Lady Gaga may be a freak, but at least she's open about it.

    (I do confess to liking Lady Gaga's music though. It's good for running.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad - total generation gap! According to Sarah (11), I was confused with Kisha not Lady Gaga. But I still think Lady Gaga is weird. My favorite is Muse - instrumental with great vocals. Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete