Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Rachel!

Our baby girl turned 1 at 9:43 this morning. I can't believe it- first year gone, just like that!
I can not tell you just how against my nature this is, but everyone has to have a cupcake on their first birthday, right?
Poor girl was trying to devour it, wrapper and all.
These cupcakes were made from a new recipe, and they truly were delicious.
We had the Wilkins' over for dinner tonight, so they were able to celebrate with us. On the menu: crockpot pot roast, oven roasted potatoes and carrots, farmer's market salad, and french baguette. Everything was exceptional, if I do say so myself (or it's Sunday and I was just extra hungry.)
Kirk set the self-timer on this one. Turned out pretty good for being taken from the back of the couch, don't you think?
Ashlee's cupcake hat was perfect for the occasion...
...though Rachel didn't seem to think so and couldn't rip it off her head fast enough.
The kids went out of their way to make sure Rachel had extra fun on her birthday. We all enjoyed watching her crack up. There's nothing like a good, hearty belly laugh from a baby.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the perfect first birthday! I'm glad she got some yummy cupcakes for her birthday-everyone likes a good cupcake:-))

    ReplyDelete