Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ready or Not, Here She Comes

This will be the year that Ashlee enters Young Women's. Not having been raised in the church, I don't really know too much about the program except that it produces exceptional young women. I have always been so impressed with the youth of the church, as their standards and values exceed those of the the world's. I can not even put into words what it has meant to me to be able to raise my children in the gospel, and how much it has changed and blessed our family. Ashlee is paving the way for the rest of her siblings, as she was the first to be baptized (after me) and will be a pioneer of sorts for her brothers and sisters. Here she is with the group of young women past, present, and future at a welcoming meeting:

(Thanks Ali, I borrowed this off your blog.)
She came home with a little card that has the following words printed on it:

It's "black and white"

In a world that is blurring morals and lines between right and wrong, the Lord's standards are clear. There are no gray areas. We don't believe in being partway honest. We don't believe in being chaste only when we want to. The 13th Article of Faith makes it clear what we believe. The difference between righteousness and wickedness is "black and white."

We believe in being honest
We believe in being true
We believe in being chaste
We believe in being benevolent
We believe in being virtuous
We believe in doing good to all men


How grateful I am that my daughters will have these guiding standards in their lives; a lighthouse in the storm.


1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see Ashlee at new beginnings! I'm so excited she'll be in YW's this year!

    ReplyDelete