Wednesday, March 9, 2011

27 Weeks- Belly Report

(C'mon, say it. You've missed the belly.)



Well, this is my 27th week, which means the end of the second trimester. Next Thursday I'll be 28 weeks- the official start of the Third Trimester.

Is baby getting heavy? Yes. This is the part that I love. His movements are more noticeable now, and the kids can feel him when they are laying on me. Yesterday Kaitlyn had her head on my stomach and he kicked her in the ear. If Rachel weren't too young to notice, she would feel him moving around when I give her a bottle. It's kind of fun.

I have to admit that I am becoming all-consumed with the thought of having two babies. How will I ever sleep? And if I don't sleep, how will I maintain? There is so much work to be done that even a day off sets me back. I realize I have a lot going for me in that Rachel sleeps through the night, takes long (2-3 hr) naps, is weaned, has a good independent personality, AND let's not forget my helper, Ashlee. Nonetheless, a 15-month-old needs constant supervision, a newborn needs constant nourishment, and I am going to constantly need sleep. =) It will be interesting to see how we find that balance.

I am more grateful than ever this time around for what seems to be a healthy pregnancy and baby. I guess you never know for sure until the end, but I am thankful to have safely made it this far and to be in the land of "normalcy." There is no longer anything about this pregnancy that concerns me. I have higher levels of energy than before due largely (if not entirely) to a better diet. Exercise is hit-and-miss, but let's be honest, there's no sitting still in this house (except on the sick days, which have been in abundance this week.) I have gone running a few times in my second trimester, but I just don't have the time to make it a priority right now. I love the benefits of exercise, and I know my season will return, but for now I feel I am doing what is best for me and baby.

All of my clothes still fit, but I opt for comfy pants.

I have not given a second thought to labor, which is new for me. I think I spent all my worrying with Rachel's pregnancy, and promised myself I would never do that again. Nonetheless, I am intrigued by the prospect of how this labor presents itself and what it will bring to the table.

Here's to 3 more months!

2 comments:

  1. At least you can take comfort in knowing that many women have been in those shoes and survived! When you run into those women at the grocery store or out and around, those who have been through it and whose kids are now older, they may tell you it was hard/a lot of work/had its moments/, but they usually say it with a smile on their face, and really how you ended up talking to them in the first place is because they were smiling over at you and your kids, remembering how it "seems like just yesterday" they were in your shoes. And they are smiling! It's not unlike labor-the hard parts will fade (I think you have said that before:-)).
    I know it will be challenging, but I know you will make it through and find your balance-you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Roxanne! I think I'm one of the women at the grocery store!!! My motto has always been - when I'm 70, I'll catch up on my sleep then.

    ReplyDelete