Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bunk Beds!

Forrest's latest project has been completing these bunk beds for the kids. Here is set 1 of 2 as it came in the bedroom tonight. Our poor kids have been sleeping on mattresses on the floor for the past couple of months with the intention of getting bunk beds. All-in-all Forrest put about 3 days worth of work into these (he's fast.) It's a little taller than we anticipated (a "beast," he calls it,) but it gives you plenty of headroom on the bottom bunk. This is nice because I like to lay with my kids at night. The girls are eagerly anticipating theirs to come next.
I came in to take this picture after the kids were in bed tonight, which is why Noah is burying his face. The flash was too bright for him.

So glad I married a carpenter.

I love you honey! Thanks for all your hard work and fine craftsmanship!




6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love the headroom - it is needed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I bet the boys love them!! You are so fortunate you have such a handy guy:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home made bunk beds are the best. My kids are sleeping on a set that Levi's dad made in 1988. They are big sturdy and don't make me nearly so nervous as some of the small store bought ones. Way to go Forrest! (Be cautious of the gap between the guardrail and mattress. Levi's dad found one of his sisters dangling down with her head stuck between the guardrail and mattress one night. Sometimes kids sleep a little too deep!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Forrest! I see lots of forts in the future!!

    ReplyDelete