Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope it was a good one for everybody. Our tradition is to start the day with green oatmeal, but Ashlee had the idea of Lucky Charms for breakfast... of course I had to add a few drops of green food coloring to the milk.



I was treated to an in-home prenatal today, as my last prenatal was cancelled when the midwives got called to a birth. They happened to be in the area this morning and stopped by for a visit. I am 28 1/2 weeks, measuring 30 cm. (that fluctuates all the time,) Anthony is nice and low and active, my blood pressure is in the healthy normal range, and everything looks great. I love my midwives and can't help but be uplifted when I'm around them, so it was a great start to the day.

After school work, we went to the indoor Carl's Jr. play place for some lunch and play time. This is such a treat for the kids, usually reserved for a rainy day.
I put a corned beef in the crockpot this morning atop a bed of potatoes, carrots, and green cabbage. I also thought I'd try my hand at homemade rye bread. I've been wanting to do this for a while, and thought it would pair well with a corned beef dinner. I bought some rye berries in the bulk section at Bel-Air, ground them into rye flour in my wheat grinder, then followed a 4 1/2 star recipe I found online for dark rye bread. It turned out so moist and delicious, and the kids devoured it. Once despised in my childhood, I now love rye bread. It's a nice change in grain.

My friend and neighbor Brittany was kind enough to come over and sit with the kids while Forrest and I took a much-needed night out together. Our first stop was Pinkberry in Folsom, upon Brittany's recommendation. Apparently this is the first "original" tart yogurt shop, and let me tell you, they rival NuYo to say the least. This is some frozen yogurt to write home about- sooooo delicious (you must try the blood orange.)
Then we headed over to the cinemas for The Adjustment Bureau. I don't think this movie was what either of us expected, but for me it was better. Quite the love story, and a feel-good movie indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa!!! I love you. I want a feel good movie, tart pinkberry and your bread!!!!! YUM YUM YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Rye bread. Good idea. Thanks for the link! I've wanted to try pinkberry too, it does sound very good and it's the original! If you want company to Carls Jr next time let me know :)

    ReplyDelete