Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trader Joe's Favorites

Since we all love Trader Joe's, I had the idea to start doing weekly "Trader Joe's Favorites" posts. I first discovered Trader Joe's about 8 years ago while living up in Washington, and we have since become regulars. Although I shop there often, it seems their inventory is changing in such a way that there are always new treasures to discover. My hope is that some of you can chime in and share your favorites as well!

What we've been enjoying this week:




Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
This is so delicious and can be an accompaniment to many items- bagels, pretzels, crackers, fruit- the possibilities are endless.


Sprouted Wheat Bagels
These pair very nicely with the strawberry cream cheese, and have always been a favorite in our family. They are also delicious toasted with plain cream cheese or butter, and they make excellent pizza bagels. As most of us know, sprouted wheat provides many more nutritional benefits than traditional wheat.

And as a treat...
Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
At $4.99 per dozen, these cookies are somewhat pricey, yet decadent in flavor. You can find them in the freezer section. Just defrost them on the counter for an hour or two before you are ready to eat them, and keep them refrigerated thereafter. The filling is like a rich chocolate ganache. They were quite a bit smaller than I expected, which is probably a good thing otherwise I would've stuffed myself on them. They are the perfect bite-sized dessert.

Have a favorite? Do share...

8 comments:

  1. oh my heavens I LOVE strawberry cream cheese.. and those cookie! Wow, my mouth is watering. Maybe I need to check out Trader Joe's this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps... I'll let me dad know you enjoyed his talk :) I always love hearing my parents talks, I feel like I learn something new about them every time! I really wish he would have gone into his conversion story because it is amazing and entertaining at the same time. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now put blinders on when I walk through Trader Joe's. There are so many tasty things to tempt me. Some of my favorites are the ginger snaps. In fact, I think I will buy some tomorrow when we go:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make a point to stop at every Trader Joe's we see. We don't have any in UT. We always get our greatest snack food on our road trips from there. It took us a LONG while to find a good replacement for it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TJ's Honey Whole Wheat pretzels are awesome, along with their fresh pizza dough and sauce. OH, and one thing I have really been enjoying from there is there tomato roasted red pepper soup (in a red box). That one is very good and not too high in calories:-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roxanne-

    We love the roasted red pepper and tomato soup- especially with grilled cheeses. The honey whole wheat pretzels make a great snack too, and are good with peanut butter (or almond butter for you.) I bet they'd be yummy with the strawberry cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a genius idea for a series of posts. I've often wanted to post about my love for TJ's, but have felt like it is too overwhelming a task because there are too many things I love. Spreading it out is the answer!

    For my first few contributions, I'll have to second my love for honey whole wheat pretzels sticks (pick up several bags at a time) and pizza dough (I keep several frozen). I'll add their organic yogurt, garlic fries, and frozen herbs in little cubes. They're great to have on hand when you don't have fresh. :) Can't wait to see your upcoming posts!

    Oh, and p.s., I heard a commercial on the radio that they now how PEANUT BUTTER cream cheese...sounds kinda delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I saw the peanut butter cream cheese. It's right next to the strawberry cream cheese. I bet it would be delicious on bagels too!

    ReplyDelete