Monday, March 14, 2011

The "Stuff" Is Back

It's been nearly two weeks since we bagged up our kids' possessions and implemented the star chart. We decided over the weekend that we are happy with the progress we've seen, so Forrest decided to un-bag their "stuff." I have to say this has been a mixed blessing.

On the one hand, it means my kids' behavior has improved enough to warrant the earning back of some privileges. At the same time, seeing all of those toys go back into the toy boxes and closets gave me a sinking feeling, for the past two weeks have required so little effort in the way of keeping the house clean. A simple house truly is a happy house.
Now I know our workload is increasing and there will once again be more "stuff" to maneuver around. It goes against all of my Feng Shui instincts.

Rachel doesn't seem to mind, does she?
Ashlee's face better demonstrates the way we feel about our abundance of toys and "stuff." I know she was dreading unloading those black bags.

The next step will be a massive purging of toys, preferably when the kids are not around so I can really hone in on what can stay and what needs to go. I am craving that good feeling of cleaning out... just in time for Anthony to make his appearance.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the purging bug too!! Goodbye toys...hello space!

    ReplyDelete