Sunday, March 20, 2011

Indian Butter Chicken

I've had so much on my mind today, but the energy allotment I have confines me to blogging about food, so here goes.

Trader Joe's Indian Butter Chicken
This was my dinner tonight. I am not typically a frozen food kind of girl, but with Trader Joe's frozen meals, you can't go wrong. If you read the ingredients, they're just about as good as homemade. This dish came with Basmati rice (my favorite,) and a small portion of chicken cooked in a spicy yogurt curry sauce. I added some frozen chopped spinach for color and extra nutrients. At a mere 400 calories, I was able to have the entire portion. My kids liked this as well, and Noah and Kaitlyn sat on either side of me waiting for bites. Next to the frozen spinach lasagna, I think this is going on my list of favorite Trader Joe's foods. Their ready-made meals are so good to have on hand for busy days and late-night dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment